Local Crisis Options
In Flagler County:
Juveniles & Adults
- Individuals in a crisis can go to SMA Healthcare’s Crisis Triage and Treatment Unit (CTTU) for assistance with a mental health crisis 8:00 to midnight Monday through Friday and noon to midmight on Saturday and Sunday. SMA staff can help deescalate a crisis and/or assist with transportation to a Baker Act facility in Daytona Beach. Crisis Services are housed in the Brown & Brown Outpatient Building (back of the campus to the right) at their Crisis Triage and Treatment Unit. Address: Vince Carter Sanctuary, 301 Justice Lane, Bunnell, FL 32110. Additional information can be obtained through the SMA Access Line at 800-539-4228.
In Volusia County:
- Families can bring children to Halifax Health-Child & Adolescent Behavioral Services for free screenings Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. without an appointment. Baker Act screenings are prioritized so you can call ahead to find out how long the wait might be, 386-425-3900. Address: 841 Jimmy Ann Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32117.
- Free screenings can also be obtained outside of these business hours at the Halifax Health Emergency Department (but medical costs for the visit could be incurred).
- Halifax Health Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services Resource Guide
- Individuals (adults) can go to the Halifax Health Emergency Department for crisis services, 24/7. Address: 303 N. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
- Individuals (adults) can go to SMA Healthcare’s Crisis Stabilization Unit for crisis services, 24/7. Address: 1150 Red John Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32124. Additional information can be obtained through the SMA Access Line at 800-539-4228.
Dial 9-1-1 in an Emergency!
If you are concerned that someone might harm themselves or others, you can dial 911 to request that a law enforcement official be sent to assess the situation. Law enforcement can determine if the individual at risk should be screened for an involuntary hospitalization, called a “Baker Act.” At that time, the individual could be transported to the Crisis Triage and Treatment Unit in Bunnell or to one of the two adult Crisis Stabilization Units in Daytona Beach (one at SMA Behavioral and one at Halifax Health) or to the children’s Crisis Stabilization Unit at Halifax Health.